Monday, December 5


A Drug That Wakes the Near Dead

Between knowledge and oblivion
I linger
Trapped in hazy dreamscape
Of lost classrooms and endless rivers

Mother found me
Sprawled on asphalt
Unseeing eyes staring into sunlight
Purple welts covering my skin like exploding stars

Days spent fording rivers of netherworld
Trout rising from ceaseless waters
Yet each night after the pill,
My eyes shift to focus,
Returning to land of the living
All too briefly
Before sunrise arrives, 
When darkness descends

2 comments:

  1. meant to write my comment on this one-- the other one is wonderful too. Don't know why my post didn't go here though. This is beautful.
    -Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for reading, Elizabeth! It is a gift to know when people connect with a particular poem.

    ReplyDelete